Santander universities launched a new edition of the “2015 Santander scholarship” program, with different forms of support promoting the international mobility of students, researchers and teachers; help economically disadvantaged students access to University; promote research and specialized training of teachers through scholarships and develop professional practice-oriented. This year total more than 8,000 scholarships programs.
The program “Grants Santander 2015” offers the following types of support:
- Santander-CRUE – CEPYME practices grants: programme endowed with 5,000 scholarships and aimed to supplement the training of students at Spanish universities, bringing the reality of the professional field, expand their knowledge and favouring his contact with companies that could facilitate their employability. Nominations for companies and students open until 31/01/2015.
- scholarships Santander Latin America for students of grade Spanish: endowed with 1,350 scholarships and program oriented to promote the exchange of students at Spanish universities and major universities in Latin America, thus contributing to the development and consolidation of the Ibero-American knowledge space. Nominations open until 31/05/2015.
- Scholarships Santander Latin America for young teachers and researchers and PhD students: awarded 225 scholarships and program aimed at boosting the Ibero-American knowledge space. These grants support to young teachers and researchers and doctoral students at Spanish universities interested in an academic stay in any University of the Ibero-American space. In this edition can apply doctoral students who wish to develop a stay as a complementary activity for achievement of their PhD degree. Nominations open until 02/03/2015.
- Europe scholarships: Scholarships program with 50 and is the result of the joint effort of the University Francisco de Vitoria and Banco Santander. Scholarships are targeted at students selected Spanish institutes, among which feature the best academic records. Each year the selected 50 embark on a month-long journey by the oldest and most prestigious universities and participate in an intensive programme of lectures, discussion groups and meetings with personalities of international reference. Nominations open until 22/01/2015.
- Mundus scholarships: program awarded 23 grants from the Catholic University of Valencia. The program includes, on the one hand, international mobility to realize academic stays in universities outside Europe (Mundus studies) and, on the other, international mobility to carry out internships in companies, training centres, research centres or other organisations abroad (practical Mundus). Nominations open until 16/01/2015.
In addition, recently launched Agora, the Fellows of Banco Santander NET. a space on the Internet open to collaboration, participation and innovation among all interested users and the exchange of experiences and concerns. This network provides information to all stakeholders on the various programmes of scholarships and socio-educational and cultural activities articulated through Santander universities.
More information: Scholarships Santander