In the case of Spain, the public support to finance technology-based and spin-off companies are promoted by the following organizations and programs:
- CDTI: provides advice and training to entrepreneurs and finance support to startup and internationalization of the company. The most outstanding support initiatives are:
- NEOTEC Program: this is the initiative of the Spanish government to support the creation and consolidation of new technology-based companies in Spain.
- NEOTEC Venture Capital: Spanish investment program in Venture Capital.
- ICO: finance entrepreneurial and innovative initiatives.
- ENISA: provides financing to SMEs linked to innovation.
For Latin American countries, we recommend to consult the following public initiatives:
- Financing tools to start a business in Argentina.
- Entrepreneurship Competitions from Innóvate Perú.
- Innpulsa Colombia calls to Entrepreneurs
- National Entrepreneur Funding in Mexico.
- Paraguay National Directorate of Entrepreneurship.
- Guide to entrepreneurs in Ecuador.
- Uruguay Entrepreneur Portal.
- Bolivia Entreprenerus.
- IAPMEI Portugal
There are also other financing instruments to entrepreneurs and startups such as venture capital, capital raising or business angels. You will find more information in the Start-up and Spin-out Guide.