The IPR-Helpdesk is a virtual service and free advice on the protection and exploitation of knowledge. It is funded by the European Commission under the Sixth Framework Programme for R&D.What is
This is a helpline service provided to anyone who is interested in free legal assistance on issues related to the Intellectual Property Rights, with particular attention to aspects related to research and technological development funded by the EU. The service is free and is provided in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish.
In addition, its website makes available all the latest news on intellectual property, events, publications, regulations, glossary of terms among many other resources.
- Legal assistance: to help potential and current contractors of research and development projects financed by the Community relating to the rights of intellectual property.
- Advice: to guide and advise on standards of protection and dissemination of research results in the Community and on issues related to the intellectual property rights in international research projects.
- Awareness of the European research community of the importance of the rights of intellectual property in the marketing of their investigations, with emphasis on the European dimension.
The consortium responsible for the project consists of the following partners:
- Coordinator: University of Alicante.
- Content Providers: University of Alicante, Jagiellonian University in Krakow.
- Public relations and dissemination: European Research and Project Office GmbH (EURICE).
- Computer Provider: University of Alicante.