- Lisbon, Portugal
On the 27th and 28th of November takes place in Lisbon (Portugal) the Conference: “New perspectives for social innovation”, jointly organised by the European Commission, the Portuguese Government and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
The event seeks to bring together world-class scientists in the area of social innovation, innovators, social entrepreneurs, civil society representatives, national and regional policy makers, municipal and city level actors, social innovation funders, philanthropists, venture capitalists, business angels, students, and politicians.
The conference will be structured in the following manner:
- Taking stock of social innovation achievements
- Identifying potential future opportunities brought by social innovation not only in terms of societal well-being, but also of growth, jobs, and business development for Europe
- Reviewing new trends in social innovation
- Examining the possible role of social innovation in the next generation of public policies
- Exploring funding instruments
More information: UE