Technology audits are useful instruments to identify technology inside the organisation, by allowing technology assets research and help to establish a strategy. It consists of the technology analysis in a specific activity and the comparison with the state of the art. Intelligence technology plays a strategic role here. Some recommendations for a technology audit can be:
- Identify potential technologies.
- Prioritize needs and guide investments.
- Take advantage of strengths and correct weaknesses.
- Define which conditions must be met and what technology is needed to be competitive.
- Identify when to purchase technology.
- Detect potential available and innovative technologies.
- Provide information about the protection of industrial property.
In addition, the University of Alicante, through its InnoUA program, helps companies to carry out technology and innovation audits to strengthen competitiveness through R&D collaboration programs.