The National Strategy for Science and Technology (ENCYT 2008-2015) and the Spanish National Plan are the framework to support research, technological development and innovation as key elements of a competitive society.These are the basic principles and strategic objectives that support the economic growth and social development and in which are stated the support programs and institutional policies designed by the State.
ENCYT is a long-term framework and a structuring instrument to integrate the major principles that should govern the policies and programs in research and innovation, and provides the main lines of action for future national and regional R&D in the period 2008-2015.
The basic principles are:
- Putting the R&D in the service of citizenship, social welfare and sustainable development, with full and equal inclusion of women, disabled, etc..
- Making R&D a fundamnetal factor in improving business competitiveness.
- Recognize and promote R&D as an essential element for the generation of new knowledge.
The strategic objectives fall into six key aspects:
- Put Spain at the forefront of knowledge.
- Promote a highly competitive business environment.
- Develop a comprehensive policy on science, technology and innovation.
- Promote the internationalization as the basis for the qualitative leap or the Spanish System.
- Create a favorable environment for investment in R&D.
- Promoting scientific and technological culture in society.
More information: Ministry of Science and Innovation