Specialised search tools for R&D public funding are a strategic instrument in technology intelligence, as they allow locating and monitoring essential information sources to detect innovation opportunities.
In addition to official sources such as official bulletins and digital R&D funding agencies platforms in each country, there are multiple types of information retrieval and monitoring tools to find out the latest calls on time.
The important thing is to design an effective tool strategy for each need, combining specialized search engines and official sources such as:
- Financing by region, with examples such as:
- IDB: open calls from the Inter-American Development Bank.
- EU Funding & Tenders: tenders and open calls from the European Union.
- euroalert: alerts and newsletters for regular monitoring of European funding opportunities, legislation and events.
- guiafc (Spanish): programs and support guide from the European Commission.
- Financing by country, with examples such as:
- ipyme (Spanish): search engine for companies support and incentives, including all local, regional and national grants to support business innovation in Spain.
- Financing by sector, with examples such as:
- FONTAGRO: specialised in agricultural innovation.
- Financing by support type, with examples such as:
It is also convenient to monitor national platforms for contracting, bidding and public tenders, with examples such as:
- European Union: Public procurement in EU countries.
- Argentina: Argentina Compra
- Chile: Chile Compra Mercado Público
- Colombia: Colombia Compra Eficiente
- Costa Rica: Compra de fondos públicos
- Ecuador: Compras públicas de Ecuador
- El Salvador: CompraSal
- Spain: Plataforma de contratación del sector público
- Guatemala: GuateCompras
- Mexico: Contrataciones abiertas
- Nicaragua: NicaraguaCompra
- Panama: PanamaCompra
- Paraguay: Portal de Contrataciones públicas de Paraguay
- Peru: Perú contrata
- Portugal: Base:Contratos públicos online
- República Dominicana: Dirección general de contrataciones públicas
- Uruguay: Agencia de compras y contrataciones del Estado
- Venezuela: Servicio Nacional de contrataciones
The “Public Procurement Toolbox” (OECD) also offers support tools to boost participation in public procurement processes.
In #MoocVT you will find the #Open_tools section, where you can discover more specialised tools for technology intelligence and monitoring available to everyone.